Subject: Re: Network Amigas to Alpha
From: David Warner <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 1995 01:30:56 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 19 Oct 1995, Eric A. Quiroz wrote:

> Has any one here networked an Amiga to a DECAlpha before and if yes what 
> do I need on both systems (ie hardware and software).

Yup, I received my Raptor3 less than a month ago and had it up and 
running with network connections to my Amigas in just a few short days.  
You will need Ethernet cards in both machines with the proper 
cables/T-connectors/terminators to establish the hardware connections.  
For software, you'll need AmiTCP and Samba for the Amiga (available from 
any Aminet FTP site) and you'll just need to configure WinNT's TCP/IP 
software on the workstation.

My system is now set up to very easily load or save data from/to the 
Amiga's drives when working on the Raptor, and if I need to pull data 
into the Amiga, I just use NCFTP.

A number of excellent replies were posted here when I started asking 
about setting up my network...you can read them at the end of the month 
when I upload the mailing list archives to the tomahawk.welch.jhu.edu FTP 
site and the NewTek BBS.  Or if you need this data sooner, you can access 
my FTP site at ftp.webcom.com/dwarner/archives for the current mailing 
list archives.

                                     -David Warner

--
David Warner <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]